Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to restore old iphone 5s will it restore my new iphone 7 too as they are connected with each other?

I purchased a new iphone 7 about 6 months ago, and gave my old iphone 5s to my daughter. It doesn't have a sim, but she just uses it in the house using wifi to play games etc.

She had set a passcode and now can't remember what it is. If we restore the old phone will it also restore my new one?

The reason I ask it that if I take photos on my new phone they also come up on the old one, and if my daughter loads a new game on the old one it comes up on the new one! So don't want to risk restoring if it effects my new phone.

Sorry for long post, and thank you in advance!

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 10:07 AM

no, you can have many iOS devices iPhones, iPads and the likes connected to the same appleID and have them live separate lives with different apps and restore them to new or the likes without them all being affected

1 reply

need to restore old iphone 5s will it restore my new iphone 7 too as they are connected with each other?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.