Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio/Mic issues in GarageBand

I am trying to to record in GarageBand, but though it is recognizing my Yeti mic, it's not actually recording directly from the mic. The playback sounds extremely hollow. I'fe checked all settings. Also, I just completed a softwar update a few days ago

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 8:36 AM

Hey cakeoaz,

I see that you're having some trouble with the microphone being picked up correctly in GarageBand. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure that the external microphone is selected in the Sound Input tab. You can check this by clicking the Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound > Input or you can follow these steps:  Set up an audio device on your Mac or stream music from your Mac - Apple Support. Also make sure that "Use ambient noise reduction" is toggled on. 

If you're still having trouble, test the microphone by creating a recording using the Voice Memos app. Do you hear the same issue that occurred in GarageBand when you listen to a playback of a voice recording you made?

Take care. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2019 8:36 AM in response to cakeoaz

Hey cakeoaz,

I see that you're having some trouble with the microphone being picked up correctly in GarageBand. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure that the external microphone is selected in the Sound Input tab. You can check this by clicking the Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound > Input or you can follow these steps:  Set up an audio device on your Mac or stream music from your Mac - Apple Support. Also make sure that "Use ambient noise reduction" is toggled on. 

If you're still having trouble, test the microphone by creating a recording using the Voice Memos app. Do you hear the same issue that occurred in GarageBand when you listen to a playback of a voice recording you made?

Take care. 

Sep 6, 2019 3:57 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

I'm having a specific Yeti/Garageband problem myself. My friend and I record long videos by grabbing the audio with a Blue Yeti through Garageband (using a Macbook Pro) and the video using an iPhone SE. I'm finding that the audio is recording at a different speed and won't match the video when editing through iMovie. I sync the beginning just fine, but halfway through the video, the speeds change and then everything is out of whack by the end of the video. Any ideas what would be causing this problem? Is there a way to find out which speed my phone is recording at and which speed the audio is recording at through Garageband?

Thanks!

Ken

Audio/Mic issues in GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.