Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find a lost iPad if it was lost in airplane mode and not connected to the Wi-Fi?

How do I find my lost iPad if it was lost on an airplane in airplane mode? Therefore it was not connected to the Internet.

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 5:11 PM

Hello,

Without your iPad being connected to a network there is no way you can locate the device. I suggest reaching out to the airline as most likely someone found the iPad and surrendered it to the airline’s lost and found.

6 replies

Sep 2, 2019 5:14 PM in response to sgholtz

You don't sorry.

If you have any property/renter's/homeowner's insurance and you have proof ( like purchase receipt ) that you owned this iPad, report the loss your insurance company.

Best you can do.

Failing that, you are out of luck!

Airlines get lots of mobile devices left on planes and airports, the chances that they will recover YOUR iPad is slim to none.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Sep 2, 2019 7:36 PM in response to QuickPost

Thank you for your response. I’ve tried communicating with the airlines but so far the only way I can do that is through they’re app. Unfortunately their app is programmed with fixed responses and some minor areas where I can input serial numbers etc. Their app for lost and found only has pre-recorded responses for iPhones and not for iPads.

I will need to find a way to talk to a human being in their lost and found department, which at this time seems next to impossible.

But thank you for responding. I really appreciate you doing so.

Sep 2, 2019 7:41 PM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for your response my homeowners insurance has a higher deductible than the value on my iPad, so that’s of no use.

I am finding exactly what you said about it being next to impossible to find my iPad through the airlines. I am trying to find away to get to a person to talk to who will be proactive in trying to help me.

I appreciate your responding.

How do I find a lost iPad if it was lost in airplane mode and not connected to the Wi-Fi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.