Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Notes

While syncing my iPad to a newer one, I seemed to have lost my Notes. They were supposedly backed up to my gmail and iCloud account but are nowhere to be found, not even a recently deleted folder is in sight. Is there anyway to recover them? Ithas been less than 30 days since syncing took place.

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 8:07 PM

7 replies

Sep 7, 2019 8:10 PM in response to QuickPost

When I synced info from old iPad to newer one-I had some notes synced to gmail and some to icloud-note files in both accounts have disappeared as well as on ipads. I checked to see if notes had passed onto newer iPad, and they had so I clicked delete on the popup when I was offered an option to delete, I clicked yes. So a few days later when I went to type a new note, I noticed all had disappeared. None on Notes, none in Gmail and no notes in Icloud folder. Even though I had them backed up to those accounts, all have been deleted. I guess I shouldn't have done it manually, probably should have reset it to factory mode. I think it was my mistake, but I still thought that someway they could be restored.

Lost Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.