Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Presentation Recording to Quicktime Movie

Hi,

I am currently trying to export a keynote presentation reporting to a quicktime movie. I perform the following actions however only the first 45 seconds of the presentation is converted into a movie, is there anyway I can export the entire 5 minute recording?

>> File

>> Export to > Quicktime

Playback slideshow recording selected.

>>Then I hit next and it exports

When I come into my finder and open the Quicktime movie, it only has converted 45 seconds .

MacBook

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 4:52 AM

Creating a Keynote presentation for export to movie:

Preparation - make these settings first:

Inspector > Document > Document:

in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select Normal

in the slide size drop down menu, select Custom and enter the pixel values of the resolution of the display to be used for the LCD display or projector

Sound 

place the sound files on each slide or in the Soundtrack well of Inspector > Document > Audio; 

Video

Add the video to the slide and adjust the position and size

Other content

Add; images, shapes, text, charts or tables to the respective slides

Animation

Add transitions between slides and builds and actions to objects as required

Export

File > Export > Movie

1 - If a recorded slideshow has been made; click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Slideshow Recording

2 - If a recorded slideshow is not used in the presentation, click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Self-Playing

If timings are set for each animation in Inspector > Animations, the default values of 5 and 2 are ignored in the export dialogue box and  the timings set on each side are used

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 4:52 AM in response to danielleharris8

Creating a Keynote presentation for export to movie:

Preparation - make these settings first:

Inspector > Document > Document:

in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select Normal

in the slide size drop down menu, select Custom and enter the pixel values of the resolution of the display to be used for the LCD display or projector

Sound 

place the sound files on each slide or in the Soundtrack well of Inspector > Document > Audio; 

Video

Add the video to the slide and adjust the position and size

Other content

Add; images, shapes, text, charts or tables to the respective slides

Animation

Add transitions between slides and builds and actions to objects as required

Export

File > Export > Movie

1 - If a recorded slideshow has been made; click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Slideshow Recording

2 - If a recorded slideshow is not used in the presentation, click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Self-Playing

If timings are set for each animation in Inspector > Animations, the default values of 5 and 2 are ignored in the export dialogue box and  the timings set on each side are used

Keynote Presentation Recording to Quicktime Movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.