Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos onto iPone.

I have a selection of photos on my iMac that I want to transfer onto my iPhone. I've tried using my iPhone cable between the two but I can't see how to transfer the pictures.

Can anyone help please?

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 7:58 AM

You would have to turn off iCloud Photos if you want to do it via iTunes -- you cannot have both iCloud Photos turned on and do a sync of photos via iTunes.

If you want to turn it off, see the following and read it carefully. I would also recommend that you have a backup of your Mac.

Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2019 7:58 AM in response to makey

You would have to turn off iCloud Photos if you want to do it via iTunes -- you cannot have both iCloud Photos turned on and do a sync of photos via iTunes.

If you want to turn it off, see the following and read it carefully. I would also recommend that you have a backup of your Mac.

Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Sep 5, 2019 7:44 AM in response to makey

That means that you cannot use iTunes to sync photos to your phone because you have iCloud Photos turned on.

If you turn that option on in both your phone and your iMac, all of your photos will sync in both directions (i.e., you will automatically have all of your current photos and any future additions/deletions on both devices). See the information in the following for more details: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you aren't certain you want to turn that on in both devices, feel free to reply with more questions.

If you are certain that you don't want to turn that on and that you only want to copy some of the photos currently on your Mac to your iPhone, then another option would be the 3rd party app that I previously mentioned: https://www.photosync-app.com/home.html

Sep 5, 2019 5:23 AM in response to FoxFifth

I'm having a problem because, in iTunes, I follow the information but, when I click on "PHOTOS", all I get is iCloud, not the screen for the computer link. It's obviously synced OK because it shows on the iTunes screen.

I've done a screenshot but can't get it to insert. What the page looks like is:- "iCloud Photos is On". followed by "Phone can access photos is iCloud". then " Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi or mobile network."

I'm sorry but I just don't know where to go from here to transfer the photos (I'm SO UN-technical!)

Can you help further please?

Sep 7, 2019 7:27 AM in response to FoxFifth

Yes, I looked at the items. What I wanted to do is transfer via the PHOTOS of my iMac. Things must have changed because, although I've got the pics in Photos, when I click Photos in iTunes I still just get iCLOUD! It used to be possible to do it without iCloud.

Is there really no other way than your suggestions?

Photos onto iPone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.