Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music

i cant seem to manually transfer music files on to my iphone , it says some files where not copied because this device has apple icould music library enabled.. so does that mean i cant transfer files manually??

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 12:41 PM

That is correct. iCloud Music Library syncs through the cloud. Having iCloud Music Library active disables manual syncing through iTunes and a locally connected device. You may add additional files to iCloud Music Library by uploading them (if unmatched in the Apple Music catalog): select one or more tracks in iTunes, and choose Add to iCloud Music Library from the contextual menu.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 12:41 PM in response to qasim192

That is correct. iCloud Music Library syncs through the cloud. Having iCloud Music Library active disables manual syncing through iTunes and a locally connected device. You may add additional files to iCloud Music Library by uploading them (if unmatched in the Apple Music catalog): select one or more tracks in iTunes, and choose Add to iCloud Music Library from the contextual menu.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.