Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using 10.12.6 and am looking to upgrade but this computer is unable to upgrade to Mojave. Is there one in-between I can go to?

I am using 10.12.6 and am looking to upgrade but this computer is unable to upgrade to Mojave. Is there one in-between I can go to?

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 1:09 PM

If your Mac is capable of running Sierra (10.12.6) then it can upgrade to High Sierra (10.13.6). There is a link to High Sierra in the Mac App Store within this how to upgrade to macOS High Sierra article. It is very important that you perform a Time Machine backup to a locally attached drive in your current Sierra installation. I would use another drive for the Time Machine backup of the new High Sierra installation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 1:09 PM in response to Dennis Robinson4

If your Mac is capable of running Sierra (10.12.6) then it can upgrade to High Sierra (10.13.6). There is a link to High Sierra in the Mac App Store within this how to upgrade to macOS High Sierra article. It is very important that you perform a Time Machine backup to a locally attached drive in your current Sierra installation. I would use another drive for the Time Machine backup of the new High Sierra installation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.