Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X waterproof?

Can I swim in the pool with my iPhone X?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:30 PM

I definitely wouldn't. See the following from iPhone X - Technical Specifications

iPhone X is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 2:30 PM in response to Pepp13r

I definitely wouldn't. See the following from iPhone X - Technical Specifications

iPhone X is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Sep 4, 2019 5:26 PM in response to Pepp13r

You might be able to get away with it. Once. Twice. Maybe three times. However, it's not advisable and if there's any damage Apple generally won't cover any damage under warranty. They have very specific definitions for what "water resistant" means, and it doesn't mean it's guaranteed to come away from submersion without damage.

iPhone X waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.