Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iMac as monitor

I would like to use my iMac (20-inch, Early 2009) as a monitor for my linux computer. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 9:24 PM

den.thed is 100% correct, if you want an external display you will need to purchase one. What you are asking for gets asked almost daily here and no there are no work-arounds. Please carefully readUse your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode and you will see you machine is not mentioned. If it were a late 2009 27" it would work, but early 20-24" 2009 iMacs do not.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 9:24 PM in response to gcgreenberg96

den.thed is 100% correct, if you want an external display you will need to purchase one. What you are asking for gets asked almost daily here and no there are no work-arounds. Please carefully readUse your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode and you will see you machine is not mentioned. If it were a late 2009 27" it would work, but early 20-24" 2009 iMacs do not.

Use iMac as monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.