Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade my ipad mini ios 9.3.5 to ios 10

I would like my Ipad mini to be upgraded.

I cannot download any new apps as it does not support 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 7:24 PM

You should not have lost any apps which are still available for an original iPad Mini running iOS 9.3.5. You have to accept that your iPad was released now 7 years ago. But if you chose restore, this could certainly happen.

On your iPad, go to the App Store.

Tap the little circle on the upper right hand corner with picture in it.

Tap Purchased

Tap No on this iPad

Download the apps with a cloud icon next to them and they will redownload to your iPad.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 7:24 PM in response to Saviod80

You should not have lost any apps which are still available for an original iPad Mini running iOS 9.3.5. You have to accept that your iPad was released now 7 years ago. But if you chose restore, this could certainly happen.

On your iPad, go to the App Store.

Tap the little circle on the upper right hand corner with picture in it.

Tap Purchased

Tap No on this iPad

Download the apps with a cloud icon next to them and they will redownload to your iPad.

Sep 4, 2019 10:57 PM in response to Saviod80

Not possible.

A 1st gen iPad Minj cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5/9.3.6

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and completely incompatible with any current and future versions of iOS.

Sorry.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you will need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

Best of Luck to You!

Sep 5, 2019 6:44 PM in response to Saviod80

No manufacturer supports a device indefinitely. Not Samsung. Not LG. None do. The reality is your iPad received longer support than most devices do and you got at least 5 full years of updates.

Technology moves forward whether we like it or not. In your case, your iPad is a 32 bit device. When iOS 11 was released, Apple moved on to 64 bit software, which is necessary to run the more complex applications we consumers demand. Your device is simply incapable of running 64 bit software. Thus you cannot update past where you are.

And when you buy another device, whether from Apple or whoever, it too one day will be passed by newer technology.

But your iPad still works. It just may not be able to run some of the newer Applications as the app developers have moved on to the newer 64 bit technology.

How to upgrade my ipad mini ios 9.3.5 to ios 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.