Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera is not showing anything while the green light blinking; Macbook Air 2015

This morning I was trying to install some screen recording apps. After installing that app and trying to run it, my camera stopped working.

When I open any camera-related app, the green light next to the camera will be blinking, which indicates that the camera is working, but the window where should showed my face is totally black.

I tried to restart my macbook, close all my camera-related apps, shutdown the VCD assistant stuff from Terminal...I basically tried them all, but it is still not working...

Any ideas what is wrong? I kinda need to do a video recording by Friday

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 5:59 PM

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes so it activates several times).

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the camera works. The screen may flash or flicker due to the very basic video driver used for Safe Mode.

If this doesn't help, then it is most likely a hardware issue. I've had a couple cases where just reseating the camera cable solved the problem, but other times the camera had to be replaced which for a MBAir means replacing the Display.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 5:59 PM in response to SummerShan8023

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes so it activates several times).

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the camera works. The screen may flash or flicker due to the very basic video driver used for Safe Mode.

If this doesn't help, then it is most likely a hardware issue. I've had a couple cases where just reseating the camera cable solved the problem, but other times the camera had to be replaced which for a MBAir means replacing the Display.

Camera is not showing anything while the green light blinking; Macbook Air 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.