Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Denon 4500H that wants to connect to Airplay on my Late 2013 iMac running Sierra 10.12.6. There is no airplay mirroring available. How do I get that.

How do I get airplay on a late 2013 iMac, running Sierra 10.12.6?

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 2:46 PM

Ok. maybe I can help you. You'd have to use iTunes, and the reciever (which looks pretty good) has to be connected to the same wifi or Ethernet network. Open iTunes, then go to the pyramid symbol to get that going. Oh, and you have to add the device you want to airplay to, if you click on that airplay icon it'll show a bunch of external devices to connect to, one of which should be the reciever. Click on the track you want to play, the reciever should switch over and play it. You may also have to go to Apple menu, then system preferences, then sound. It does support iTunes 12.8 or later for AirPlay 2. I think you're OK on that. I've checked and your reciever does support AirPlay 2

good luck

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 2:46 PM in response to luddite1947

Ok. maybe I can help you. You'd have to use iTunes, and the reciever (which looks pretty good) has to be connected to the same wifi or Ethernet network. Open iTunes, then go to the pyramid symbol to get that going. Oh, and you have to add the device you want to airplay to, if you click on that airplay icon it'll show a bunch of external devices to connect to, one of which should be the reciever. Click on the track you want to play, the reciever should switch over and play it. You may also have to go to Apple menu, then system preferences, then sound. It does support iTunes 12.8 or later for AirPlay 2. I think you're OK on that. I've checked and your reciever does support AirPlay 2

good luck

john b

I have a new Denon 4500H that wants to connect to Airplay on my Late 2013 iMac running Sierra 10.12.6. There is no airplay mirroring available. How do I get that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.