Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

system preferences

I keep getting notices (little boxes with "Close" and "Continue" buttons) telling me I have not entered my password for Yahoo. It asks for my user name and password for System Preferences (SP). I go to SP and it has all my internet accounts (I also use Mail). When I try to put in the password, it says it is incorrect. But I use the e-mail account all the time using the password I try to put in and that it won't accept. What kind of password is it looking for ? This is an annoyance issue.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 3:16 PM

Hello!

I would recommend that you trying completely removing the Yahoo account from the computer and then adding it back. If your other accounts are working fine and you still encounter problems with the yahoo account you may have to verify that there is not a problem on yahoo's side.

Let me know if this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 3:16 PM in response to RickyRockHardo

Hello!

I would recommend that you trying completely removing the Yahoo account from the computer and then adding it back. If your other accounts are working fine and you still encounter problems with the yahoo account you may have to verify that there is not a problem on yahoo's side.

Let me know if this helps!

system preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.