Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Music

I have recently upgraded my phone on EE to an IPhone 7 and was given 3 months Apple Music for free. When I set up my phone, all of my music previously stored on my phone (from CD’s I have previously loaded on to my PC and IPhone) has disappeared. I have seen messages on the internet saying to make sure the “show Apple Music” and iCloud Music Library” boxes are ticked in settings on the IPhone and 8 have done that but still no music. How do I get my music back. Thanks

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 6:28 PM

When getting a new iPhone or replacement iPhone, you would need to sync the music again from the computer with iTunes. When you get an Apple Music subscription, then you get the opportunity to move the pre-existing music collection to the cloud (iCloud Music Library).

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

• What happens to the music you already had on your devices when you subscribe to Apple Music?
  • If you have music on your iOS device or computer from sources other than Apple Music or the iTunes Store
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 6:28 PM in response to MissingMusic1

When getting a new iPhone or replacement iPhone, you would need to sync the music again from the computer with iTunes. When you get an Apple Music subscription, then you get the opportunity to move the pre-existing music collection to the cloud (iCloud Music Library).

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

• What happens to the music you already had on your devices when you subscribe to Apple Music?
  • If you have music on your iOS device or computer from sources other than Apple Music or the iTunes Store

Missing Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.