Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won’t update.

For some reason my iPhone apps won’t update.

Things I’ve tried.

Turning wifi off/on

Restarting iPhone

Logging out/in applid

There’s currently 36 apps that require updating so I don’t wanna have to uninstall and reinstall each one.

Is there a solution?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 3:07 PM

What happens if you try to delete one of the apps and reinstall it from the app store? Instead, you could also try to download a new app and see if it will download. Try to find something that is free but you haven't purchased yet, or even an app you previously had but have since deleted.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 3:07 PM in response to C_Abr

What happens if you try to delete one of the apps and reinstall it from the app store? Instead, you could also try to download a new app and see if it will download. Try to find something that is free but you haven't purchased yet, or even an app you previously had but have since deleted.

Sep 5, 2019 3:21 PM in response to mvan231

So, I tried both of your suggestions and they both work as they should. But I can’t update apps that are already installed and, like I said, I’m looking for a solution that doesn’t require me to uninstall all the apps and then reinstall them or have to uninstall and reinstall an app every time it requires an update

Update: Never mind. Apparently installing a new app fixed the problem. Thanks mvan231.

Apps won’t update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.