Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not voice feedback

siri not give voice feedback

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 2:58 PM

Try these --> If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 18, 2019 9:24 AM in response to parwez1996

I have a similar issue while in the car (using car bluetooth connection). I hear the Siri announcement sound, I ask to text someone, sometimes Siri confirms with "What do you want to say to...", but that's it. If I'm out of the car Siri confirms my request, reads the text back to me and asks if I'm ready to send. I get none of that while in the car.

Suggestions?

Reviewed the support link Apple recommended and my settings are fine

Nov 15, 2019 3:50 PM in response to DavidH0608

I am having the same issue in my car. Siri obeys commands, but does not talk back to me. When asked to read me my text messages, she produces them on the phone screen (what happened to hands/eyes free?). I had a text chat with Apple support, all settings are fine. I went to the car dealer...software in the car is updated, they say it's an apple issue. I believe this is true, as well.

Siri responds completely appropriately elsewhere (at home, on the HomePod, etc.), just not in the car when connected to BlueTooth. I use bluetooth to stream music, so I don't really want to drive around with the bluetooth not connected. I keep hoping the next update will fix it (surely Apple is aware?), but nothing so far.

Siri not voice feedback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.