Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have spectrum mobile, if i get the series 3 Apple Watch can it still work with some features?

I have spectrum mobile (who doesn't support apple watch) if i get the series 3 apple watch can it still work with some features?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 2:38 PM

You can get the Series 3 or 4 GPS only Apple Watch and it will work normally regardless of carrier.

You can even get the cellular model of either and they will still work except you will not be able to set up cell service on them.

The Apple Watch works with the paired iPhone most of the time. The Cellular connection is only needed if your watch is away from your iPhone and wifi, and you need make and receive calls or send and receive messages on it.

See here for specific details: How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2019 2:38 PM in response to deja20

You can get the Series 3 or 4 GPS only Apple Watch and it will work normally regardless of carrier.

You can even get the cellular model of either and they will still work except you will not be able to set up cell service on them.

The Apple Watch works with the paired iPhone most of the time. The Cellular connection is only needed if your watch is away from your iPhone and wifi, and you need make and receive calls or send and receive messages on it.

See here for specific details: How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2019 2:28 PM in response to deja20

Check with your carrier to see if your iPhone plan is eligible for Apple Watch cellular service. If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company or carrier to see if they support this feature. Some pre–paid and some older accounts aren’t currently supported. To activate cellular service on new carrier networks, customers first need to update iPhone to the latest version of iOS 12 and Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) to the latest version of watchOS 5.

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

I have spectrum mobile, if i get the series 3 Apple Watch can it still work with some features?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.