Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Airpods 2 usable with iPad mini 1?

Hi.

I know that Airpods 2 can only pair with iOS 12.2 devices and iPad mini 1 (iOS 9.3) is too old to pair with it, but what if I have iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.1) as well? Can I pair Airpods 2 with my iPhone and then connect it with the same Apple ID to my iPad mini? Or I have to pair them the same way with other bluetooth earpods? Or they can't be paired in anyway?

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 12:50 AM

I tried to pair them already. It works like other wireless earpods thing. It’s just not be able to automatically connect to each other due to an old iOS version. You have to go to setting and connect them again every time you use. Thank you btw ☺️

6 replies

Sep 6, 2019 1:20 PM in response to bellogelato

I cannot possibly tell you why. Apple does what they do. They set up the rules. I, like others here, volunteer to help folks with their technical issues - provide answers for how to make things work.

The original iPad Mini was released by Apple in 2012, and discontinued in 2015. So it’s not surprising today’s technology doesn’t work when using it.

Is Airpods 2 usable with iPad mini 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.