Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to convert mov to jpeg

How do I extract jpegs from a QuickTime MOV file?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 9:10 PM

Thanks to all who replied. I found another answer here from Jon Walker: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8255470?answerId=8255470021#8255470021

The process isn't streamlined but is very easy and doesn't require me to download another app. Worked well for me.

1. Open the .mov file in QuickTime.
  2. Click and drag the playhead at the bottom of the video to the frame you want to convert into a jpeg.
  3. Use Command-C to copy the frame to the clipboard.
  4. Open the Preview app.
  5. Press Command-N.
  6. From the File menu, choose Export.
  7. Change the format to JPEG, adjust the quality, give the file a name, and choose where to save it.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2019 9:10 PM in response to Patricia Collins

Thanks to all who replied. I found another answer here from Jon Walker: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8255470?answerId=8255470021#8255470021

The process isn't streamlined but is very easy and doesn't require me to download another app. Worked well for me.

1. Open the .mov file in QuickTime.
  2. Click and drag the playhead at the bottom of the video to the frame you want to convert into a jpeg.
  3. Use Command-C to copy the frame to the clipboard.
  4. Open the Preview app.
  5. Press Command-N.
  6. From the File menu, choose Export.
  7. Change the format to JPEG, adjust the quality, give the file a name, and choose where to save it.

Sep 6, 2019 5:57 PM in response to Patricia Collins

You can take screen snapshots in QuickTime unless the content is commercial and copyright protected. Play the movie in QuickTime to the spot you want to capture then pause the movie (use the spacebar to pause or continue), then do a Command+shift+4 and the screen cursor changes to a bulls eye then tap the space bar and then click the mouse in the Quicktime window...you will need to move the cursor out of the QuickTime window after you pause the movie otherwise you will see the QuickTime pause icon in the center of the screen.

The screenshots will be saved into your Desktop folder by default, but you can change this to a specific place if you wish. Ask if you wish details for that...

Then continue this process wherever you wish to take screenshots (position movie to desired place, pause movie, command+shift+4, space key, mouse click)...

Good luck...

how to convert mov to jpeg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.