Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

concerned I might lose data...

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the post I previously wrote here a few minutes ago about Apple IDs. I want you to know that I was just trying to be witty and not offensive. My concerns are that if I miss an email about a payment method not working on my iCloud storage that has data in it (for example) because I don't check my me.com email account often enough, I might lose my data. I don't use that email for anything but billing.

The young man who helped me was terrific and I've set up some rules so that these emails can get forwarded to another email address. But still...

APPLE CREDIT CARD

Yesterday I signed up for the Apple Credit Card and my card is using my me.com email account and I cannot change this. It's why I'm bringing this up now about having two Apple IDs. It's what prompted me to write the post that was deleted. When I signed up, I was not able to choose what Apple ID I wanted to use. So I called Goldman Sacs and they couldn't change the email for me, and I don't think there is any way for me to change this myself. I tried.

Can someone please tell me how to leave feedback like this for Apple? And if there is a way for me to use my other Apple ID email for my Apple Credit Card, can someone please point the way?

The problem keeps building as I continue to use an Apple ID I don't need.

Thanks for listening.

Mindy

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 7:28 PM

Before I posted this last message, for the life of me I couldn't find the card number. When I looked and couldn't find a number, I just assumed, after all I've heard, that there really wasn't a card number. I've found it (blush). I can use it with both Apple IDs. I can rent and purchase video with both accounts.

Like I said, if I could just get this one issue resolved, I'd be happy with two Apple IDs. I think this can work.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2019 7:28 PM in response to mindy60

Before I posted this last message, for the life of me I couldn't find the card number. When I looked and couldn't find a number, I just assumed, after all I've heard, that there really wasn't a card number. I've found it (blush). I can use it with both Apple IDs. I can rent and purchase video with both accounts.

Like I said, if I could just get this one issue resolved, I'd be happy with two Apple IDs. I think this can work.

Sep 7, 2019 2:11 PM in response to mindy60

Let me see if I can explain this any better.

First there was iTunes. I've got an ID for that. Let's call it my iTunes ID. I've loved it! Apple got me hooked. I love Apple! Thank you Steve Jobs!

• Then there was the Mobile Me software. I've got an ID for that.
  • Then Apple converted Mobile Me to iCloud. That took some time. I appreciate the free storage offered for the duration of the conversion. And I use the same ID for iCloud today that I did for Mobile Me (the original me.com ID while using the icloud.com alias).
  • Along comes Apple Pay. It's been great. It requires an ID signed into iCloud. Not a problem. except I cannot use it to purchase anything in the App store or for iTunes purchases.
  • Now I've got the new Apple Credit Card with no card number. I love the idea! It's just that I cannot use it to purchase music, apps, movies, etc., if I am using my iTunes ID and not an iCloud ID for that.

Can Apple allow us to purchase iTunes Store related stuff with a credit card that has no number? Like the Apple Credit Card? Because as it is today, right now, the iTunes app and appleid.com needs a credit card number. If this part can be fixed, I'd be more than happy to continue with two Apple IDs.

~*~

I don't know what to do. I want to continue to buy movies and TV programs from my Apple TV. I still buy music, too.

What are my options? What do you suggest I do? Anybody?

Thanks for listening.

Mindy

Sep 7, 2019 1:31 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you, Eric. I appreciate it. It's nice to have the link when I need it.

Unfortunately, this is a much, much bigger problem than I originally thought. It's a real mess. After all I've learned today since I signed up for the Apple Credit Card, it is way too big of an issue to simply give feedback without getting a response. I'm writing it up right now.

I will post it in this thread. It involves Apple IDs (the root cause of the problem), iTunes, iCloud, Apple Pay, and the new Apple Credit Card.

Thanks again. :)

concerned I might lose data...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.