Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many new emails

This new problem has been popping up on my Mail app on MacOS Mojave for the past few months. When Mail opens — even if I force quit and restart it — there will be over a dozen emails open, many of which are old drafts or even emails I sent over a year ago or just blank drafts with no recipient. I upgraded to a different MacBook a couple days ago for work, and after using a backup of my previous one, the problem persists. Does anyone have any tips for how to deal with this? It is just frustrating to have to either sift through the tabs and close them or left-click to open the viewer.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 11:38 AM

It may be possible that the Mail app's database has become corrupted. I suggest that you try rebuilding it to see if this resolves this issue.

Ref: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 8, 2019 2:09 PM in response to pfannyyy

Who is your email provider that you are having this issue with? Do you know if it's a POP3 or IMAP account ... or is this account provided to you by your employer?

Finally, have you tried creating and logging in with a new user account. Then add this email account and try accessing it with the Mail app again to see if this resolves the problem.

Too many new emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.