Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and messages stop working on Mojave

I've been unable to use FaceTime or Messages on my two computers since I've update to Mac OS Mojave. The two apps still works on my IPhone and IPad, that are connected via WIFI at the same router than my two computers (so, same internet provider). After reporting the problem to Apple, i've been told the my provider was the problem. I'd like to understand why it works with IOS and not OSX 14.6. To me it's a OS bug. Anybody as that problem?

Luc

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 12:10 PM

There could be a number of reasons, including:

1. You need to reset the Mac's NVRAM.
  2. You have third-party firewall, security, or VPN apps installed on your Mac.

Ref: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Sep 7, 2019 12:27 PM in response to Tesserax

Thank Tesserax,

I should have mention that i did all that was suggested by Apple to fix the problem, including reset NVRAM and shut down my router firewall (i even bypassed it and plug the modem straight in the mac). I also spent a half hour with an Appel technician, that make me go all over that again. The technician final answer was that it was my provider. If it is my provider, why is my Iphone and IPad doesn't have the same issue? I would like to find out.

FaceTime and messages stop working on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.