Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Format Conversions

How can I convert a .csv file to a .vcf file on the ipad pro

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 5:04 AM

Hello,

I am not aware of any way to convert a .csv file to a .vcf on an iPad. Seeing as a vcf file is primarily used as an Outlook contact file is this course of action the most effective? If you are wishing to import a list of contracts into Outlook from a .csv file then I would think that Outlook would have that capability. Contacts on Macintosh is able to import a list of contacts from a .csv file. You may also want to look at Microsoft Excel on iPad for the file conversion you wish.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 5:04 AM in response to ReallyNiceGuy

Hello,

I am not aware of any way to convert a .csv file to a .vcf on an iPad. Seeing as a vcf file is primarily used as an Outlook contact file is this course of action the most effective? If you are wishing to import a list of contracts into Outlook from a .csv file then I would think that Outlook would have that capability. Contacts on Macintosh is able to import a list of contacts from a .csv file. You may also want to look at Microsoft Excel on iPad for the file conversion you wish.

Sep 8, 2019 9:52 AM in response to QuickPost

Thank you for your reply. I receive a .csv file of leads for my saless, and I am trying to find an easy(?) way to get the lead into a .vcf format. It is interesting that most of the backup apps for ipad pro discuss using a .csv file but never convert to a usuable file for the contacts. I prewentlty do not have access to a computer so...... I have checked out the abilities of the ipad apps, excel, numbers, word, etc . But do not save to .vcf even though I have seen it search how toos.....

File Format Conversions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.