Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWorks app download issue

so i just recently bought the new Macbook Pro , and i am entirely new to the whole ecosystem. After opening the App Store i saw 5 updates for the iWork apps but couldnt update them because of the error "Update Unavailable with This Apple ID". i followed an online tutorial where it guided users to delete the apps so it would automatically showup on the app store again where i can redownload them. my issue is that the apps show up, but the app still show as needed to be update, and i cant update them now. please help me on this

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 6:22 AM

Your first stop should have been here, and not the Internet for proper information. There is no need to remove the preinstalled applications on a new Apple Mac in order to "trick" the Mac App Store. You do need to use the same Apple ID associated with the MacBook Pro installation process and in the Mac App Store.

Because these are store applications preinstalled by Apple on a new Mac, these must be "accepted" before usage. The process for Mojave is to launch the Mac App Store from the Dock, and in its lower left panel, click on your user id located there. This will open another window with an Accept category of selectable applications. You select Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

Now, whether you have deleted the applications, or they require an update to a newer version, you can then select the button adjacent to each application as shown in your image, and they will be installed on your MacBook Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2019 6:22 AM in response to loner29

Your first stop should have been here, and not the Internet for proper information. There is no need to remove the preinstalled applications on a new Apple Mac in order to "trick" the Mac App Store. You do need to use the same Apple ID associated with the MacBook Pro installation process and in the Mac App Store.

Because these are store applications preinstalled by Apple on a new Mac, these must be "accepted" before usage. The process for Mojave is to launch the Mac App Store from the Dock, and in its lower left panel, click on your user id located there. This will open another window with an Accept category of selectable applications. You select Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

Now, whether you have deleted the applications, or they require an update to a newer version, you can then select the button adjacent to each application as shown in your image, and they will be installed on your MacBook Pro.

iWorks app download issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.