You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a YEAR calendar with numbers

Hi,

anyone created a year calendar with the template?

I do not know how to change the months

thanks,

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 7:52 AM

12 replies

Sep 9, 2019 5:28 AM in response to stfflspl

stfflspl wrote:

SG, great calendar.

I would like to see the weeks starting on Monday (= the first day of the week), rather than on Sunday (the last day of the week).

Hi Paul,

In each of the month tables you can do this:

1. Add a column to the right. The cells in that new column will fill automatically with the correct formulas.
  2. Select the cells in the header (where the month name is) and choose Unmerge cells from the Table menu
  3. Deselect (uncheck) 'Wrap text in cell' in the Text panel of the Inspector at the right.
  4. Move the formula for the month name in A1 to B1.
  5. Hide (don't delete) column A.

SG

Sep 9, 2019 1:44 PM in response to aumfromkmpro

1. Ok
  2. Select the cells and when they are highlighted go to the Table menu at the tope choose Unmerge Cells.
  3. Inspector is the panel at the right where you do your formatting, etc.
  4. Select the cell, type command-x to cut, click the destination cell, type command-v to paste. Or just drag the cell.
  5. With the whole column selected (after, for example, clicking the column letter at the top so the whole column is highlighted) choose Hide Column from the Table menu.

Highly recommend visiting Numbers > Numbers Help in your menu.

SG

Sep 8, 2019 10:09 AM in response to aumfromkmpro

I've taken the template and derived a yearly calendar. You can download it here (Dropbox download).

I looks something like this.

Just go to File > Advanced > Language & Region ... to switch languages.

As with the original template there are hidden rows in the table that displays the year. Unhide those rows if you want to examine the inner workings.

Also note that this, and the original template, make use of Conditional Highlighting.

SG

Sep 9, 2019 12:15 AM in response to aumfromkmpro

Hi aum,

"I'm a beginner..."

We were all 'beginners' at several things at one point.

"I meant that "Unhide those rows if you want to examine the inner workings.", would be difficult for me, perhaps."

And perhaps it would be.

Start small.

Open the Calendar template as a new "untitled" document.

Take the mouse and explore. Click on a variety of the items that are on the screen. Note what you see when you click on each item.

The month name, for example, shows this when it is selected:

The reference tabs above and to the left of the month name and the year (this is from the template in Numbers 3, released a few years ago) show that the month and year are displayed on a single column, two row table.

The tab to the right of September shows that cell A1 is a popup menu cell. Clicking it opens a list of all 12 months.

Is A2 also a popup menu cell? A second click, on the cell, will tell you that.

Does this small table have any hidden rows or columns?

A trip to the Table menu shows a hint that it has both. "Unhide all rows" (selected) and "Unhide all Columns" are both displayed in black (not grey, like "Delete column", which Numbers won't le you do when only one column is visible).

Lots of other things to explore in this and other templates. It doesn't have to be done all at once—you can open a new copy of the Calendar at any time to take a look at the other features available, and there's no need to save the resulting document until you have started a document that you want to keep.

Take your time, and return here when you have further questions.

Regards,

Barry

Creating a YEAR calendar with numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.