Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal loop

Hi. I thought it was possible to have an internal loop in Keynote. So if I have a group of slides I want to loop indefinitely until I hit the spacebar, where it then skips to the next slide after the loop. I can't find it. Possible? Thanks.

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 12:55 PM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2019 10:16 AM in response to Gary Jaeger

What you are asking for is not possible using traditional methods in Keynote, a loop in Keynote loops all the slides in the presentation, not just a group of slides.

There is a workaround by exporting to a "movie" file the slides you want to loop, not ideal but it does work:

• add slides 5 to 10 in to a new presentation then export to movie; (File > Export > Movie)
  • delete slides 5 to 10 in the original presentation
  • place the movie on to slide 5 of the original presentation and set it to loop; (select the video on the slide then; Inspector > Format > Movie >
  • set the movie to play automatically; (select the movie on the slide, go to Inspector > Animate > Build In then click the Build Order Button, in the Start Dropdown menu, select After Transition

pressing spacebar will advance manually to the next slide which is the contents of the former slide 11

Internal loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.