Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web to pdf

Does anyone know why I’m not able to open the PDF files when I save a website as a pdf to my pages app?

Posted on Sep 8, 2019 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 9:48 AM

Hello,

Pages is a word processor and can only open word processor documents (ie. .pages, .doc, .txt). While a PDF document can be created in a word processor it is not a word processor document and cannot be opened in Pages. If you head into the Files application and select the PDF in question you should be able to open in or open it in another applications like Apple Books.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 9:48 AM in response to Tchambs104

Hello,

Pages is a word processor and can only open word processor documents (ie. .pages, .doc, .txt). While a PDF document can be created in a word processor it is not a word processor document and cannot be opened in Pages. If you head into the Files application and select the PDF in question you should be able to open in or open it in another applications like Apple Books.

Web to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.