Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is asking me to update Apple ID settings, when I go to do it, it tells me to go to another trusted device, I don’t have another device, how can I complete the update without another device

My phone is asking me to update Apple ID settings, when I go to do it, it tells me to go to another device, I don’t have another device.....how can I complete the task

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 9:21 AM

Do you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled?

See if anything here helps. 

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication

4 replies

Oct 9, 2019 12:13 PM in response to Eric Root

What would two factor authentication have anything to do with it? The issue is the phone is re-directing to another Apple ID. I've placed several support calls to Apple and for some reason they can't even call me. I have a one year support contract and I can't even get a phone call. Since IOS 13 I can't get support at all. I'm not happy with Apple period. I have multiple Apple devices and ready to trash them all. I can't even get through to Chat. This is unreal. All I get is these stupid emails saying we are trying to reach you I try to call back and I get a text saying they will call back and I never get a call back. IOS 13 screwed up everything and screwed up my devices. I'm done with Apple and their service.

My phone is asking me to update Apple ID settings, when I go to do it, it tells me to go to another trusted device, I don’t have another device, how can I complete the update without another device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.