Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine

I've deleted a folder and files from Time Machine. However, it still shows up on a single, week-old back-up, from which it offers the restore option, but not the delete option. Why is it still there?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:27 PM

Ok, got it. Thanks! It may be possible that TM had some difficulty in removing that particular file/folder due to corruption. Are these backups located on a Time Capsule or an external drive? If on a TC, I suggest that you perform a "Verify Backups" on the entire backup set. You can access this option by holding down the <option> key before clicking on the TM icon on the macOS menu bar. For the latter, you will need to use the Disk Utility's First Aid option to verify the external drive's integrity.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 1:27 PM in response to Jellyroll Jake

Ok, got it. Thanks! It may be possible that TM had some difficulty in removing that particular file/folder due to corruption. Are these backups located on a Time Capsule or an external drive? If on a TC, I suggest that you perform a "Verify Backups" on the entire backup set. You can access this option by holding down the <option> key before clicking on the TM icon on the macOS menu bar. For the latter, you will need to use the Disk Utility's First Aid option to verify the external drive's integrity.

Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.