Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone just called telling me my account has been hacked. He wants me to go to www.fastsupport.com then he gave me a key code to put in. Do i follow his instructions.

someone just called telling me my account has been hacked. He wants me to go to www.fastsuport*** then he gave me a key code to put in. Do i follow his instructions.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 11:09 AM

Absolutely not!

3 replies

Sep 10, 2019 11:16 AM in response to brooks2125

A. Fastsupport does not provide Apple support at all, and

B. While the FastSupport GoToAssist is a legitimate product used by many company and contract IT support systems, it unfortunately is also very commonly used by scammers to get you to grant them remote admin access to your computer.

Never, ever follow any link or enter any data in any email or txt from anyone claiming they need or want you to log in somewhere, or provide confidential information. And I do mean never do that, regardless of where the messages seems to come from.

You can always contact Apple support yourself if you wish to check something, or simply check your own accounts yourself (https://appleid.apple.com/).

someone just called telling me my account has been hacked. He wants me to go to www.fastsupport.com then he gave me a key code to put in. Do i follow his instructions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.