Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Answering phone calls on Apple Watch Series 1.

When I answer a phone call on my series 1 Apple Watch, the person on the other end can't hear me. This feature worked with my iPhone6, but stopped working with my new iPhone XR. Any thoughts?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 12:40 PM

Check the following settings on your iPhone:

• Settings > General > Restrictions - check that the restriction for Siri & Dictation is not enabled.

• Settings > General > Keyboard - check that Enable Dictation is turned on.

• Settings > Siri - disable, pause for a few moments and then re-enable Siri.

When answering a call, be sure tap just once on the Answer button. Accidentally tapping on it again will turn on Mute for your end of the call, so the caller will not hear you (to turn off Mute, tap the same button again).

Remove any protective case that may be blocking the microphone port (on the reverse of the watch, on the opposite side to the Side button).

Clean your watch, paying particular attention to the microphone port in case it has become blocked by debris:

• Be sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions (do not insert anything into the port and do not use any compressed air):

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2019 12:40 PM in response to john fromabingdon

Check the following settings on your iPhone:

• Settings > General > Restrictions - check that the restriction for Siri & Dictation is not enabled.

• Settings > General > Keyboard - check that Enable Dictation is turned on.

• Settings > Siri - disable, pause for a few moments and then re-enable Siri.

When answering a call, be sure tap just once on the Answer button. Accidentally tapping on it again will turn on Mute for your end of the call, so the caller will not hear you (to turn off Mute, tap the same button again).

Remove any protective case that may be blocking the microphone port (on the reverse of the watch, on the opposite side to the Side button).

Clean your watch, paying particular attention to the microphone port in case it has become blocked by debris:

• Be sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions (do not insert anything into the port and do not use any compressed air):

Answering phone calls on Apple Watch Series 1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.