Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access purchased music on iTunes

Over the summer I was playing this entire album (a few songs on repeat). But now all of a sudden I’m unable to access half the album. All of the songs don’t show up on my playlist, even though I’ve played them many times before. I haven’t switched phones or changed anything else so I’m not sure what’s going on. They all say either “purchased” or “play”. The ones that just say “purchased” are the ones I can’t play. HELP.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 6:05 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 11, 2019 3:53 PM in response to Chels_h3

Hi Chels_h3,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having trouble playing songs from an album you purchased earlier this year and you're still seeing them listed as "Purchased" in the iTunes Store. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. I'd recommend removing the tracks you're having trouble with from the Music app: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

Then use this resource to redownload the purchases to your device:

"On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
    2. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap  More in the menu at the bottom of the screen, then tap  Purchased. On an iPad, just tap  Purchased. 
    3. Depending on what you want to redownload, tap Music, Movies, or TV Shows. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
    4. Find the movie, TV show, or music that you want to redownload, then tap it. 
    5. Tap  to the right of the title. The movie, TV show, or music downloads to your device. You can find movies and TV shows that you redownload in the TV app§ or Videos app, and music in the Music app. Don't see the item that you purchased?

More about redownloading purchases

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

Best Regards.

Sep 12, 2019 11:56 AM in response to Chels_h3

Hi Chels_h3,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. Since you aren't seeing the album available to redownload in Purchases, I'd recommend using the resources below to check if the album was hidden and look for it in your purchase history:

If you see the album in your purchase history and it's been less than 90 days since you made the purchase, you can report a problem: Report a Problem

If you're unable to locate the album or report a problem using the steps above, I'd suggest reaching out to iTunes Support using the "Tell us how we can help" section here: iTunes Support

Best Regards.

Can’t access purchased music on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.