Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log onto my Apple iCloud account on my Mac because I have an old iPhone which I don't remember the passcode to. Why isn't the Apple ID password enough? I don't want to erase my iPhone data just yet.

I have always been able to log onto my Apple iCloud account on my iPhone, though I have now forgotten the passcode to the phone itself. Now that I bought a Mac, I cannot log onto the same Apple iCloud account unless I agree to erase everything on my iPhone. Shouldn't the Apple ID password grant me the rights to everything regarding my Apple ID regardless of which devices I can't remember the passwords for?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:58 AM

Passcode was created in an old iPhone , if you had the phone in possession disable the passcode https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204306

For you new Mac , you can still sign in with same Apple ID and password used in an iPhone ( the iCloud account is not locked from the server end ) .

2 replies

I can't log onto my Apple iCloud account on my Mac because I have an old iPhone which I don't remember the passcode to. Why isn't the Apple ID password enough? I don't want to erase my iPhone data just yet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.