Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International warranty

If I purchase an iPhone from the US and get it to India, will I get the warranty for the iPhone in India?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:59 AM

The service centers in India aren't obligated to honor the warranty and may not be able to replace it with an unit that's functionally identical to the original, particularly if it's carrier-locked.

(174237)

5 replies

Sep 11, 2019 10:12 AM in response to palek

Not really. The main issue with any kind of cellular device are country specific restrictions. Most major "repairs" are really replacements where Apple or their representatives will usually only replace with a functional identical device.

Now if there's something as simple as a battery or screen assembly defect and they have access to Apple's testing hardware (needed for any reassembly) then that might be possible although not guaranteed.

Sep 11, 2019 10:25 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:
The service providers have a long and well established history of refusing to service any device that was not originally sold in India. This extends to battery and screen replacements. I would not expect that to change any time in the foreseeable future.

The biggest issue in most of the world is that there's no access to Apple's calibration equipment needed for by the book reassembly.

I certainly wouldn't advise what the OP is thinking of doing, but I do understand that many just risk it since unlocked iPhones may not be available in many parts of the world.

International warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.