Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort Songs by Year?

I am using iTunes version 12.9.5.5 and have thousands of songs in my library. On many of them I have filled in the Year within the song info box. I cannot find a way to sort songs by year. Is there any way to do this? Thanks

Joey

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 10:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 10:20 AM

Hey Joey C 2,

If I understand correctly, you want to sort the music in your library by year. You can sort the music a few different ways. I would recommend you use this article for more information.

"Your music is sorted by up to five categories (Genres, Composers, Groupings, Artists, and Albums), divided into columns. As you select an item in each column, the list narrows down to display only the matching songs."

Customize the iTunes window on Mac

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2019 10:20 AM in response to Joey C 2

Hey Joey C 2,

If I understand correctly, you want to sort the music in your library by year. You can sort the music a few different ways. I would recommend you use this article for more information.

"Your music is sorted by up to five categories (Genres, Composers, Groupings, Artists, and Albums), divided into columns. As you select an item in each column, the list narrows down to display only the matching songs."

Customize the iTunes window on Mac

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Sep 12, 2019 4:53 PM in response to Teddy_B

Yes, the sorting works great for the other categories and then limits the number of songs that meet that criteria. Not the case for Year. But, if I add a column for year, I can search thru it. Just does not narrow the songs to the years I want. I must scroll thru that column looking for items that fit. So, it is manageable, just not as easy to work with.

Sort Songs by Year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.