Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I send text messages without effects?

How can I send text message without effects?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 2:50 PM

How do I disable ALL text effects for outgoing texts on iOS 13?

Since the update, I can't text half the time, because pressing the send arrow, whether holding down on it or tapping it, takes me to the bubble/screen "send with effect" screen, and no matter what I select, it goes back to the text dialogue, and again, if I try to send, I'm back at the bubble/screen "send with effect" dialogue.

I just want to text, without the hassle of these effect options! Help me turn it all off!!!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 2:50 PM in response to mblloyd

How do I disable ALL text effects for outgoing texts on iOS 13?

Since the update, I can't text half the time, because pressing the send arrow, whether holding down on it or tapping it, takes me to the bubble/screen "send with effect" screen, and no matter what I select, it goes back to the text dialogue, and again, if I try to send, I'm back at the bubble/screen "send with effect" dialogue.

I just want to text, without the hassle of these effect options! Help me turn it all off!!!

Oct 11, 2019 6:16 PM in response to fogeygal

I posted the same problem in September. Unfortunately I don't remember the details of my fix - but it involved changes to Set-up > Messages. Isn't it frustrating when people offer answers which describe how it is supposed to work rather than giving you settings describing how to get your device to work? Sorry about that.

How can I send text messages without effects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.