You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weatherbug

i downloaded weather bug. It will not open. I can not delete it because it says it open. any ideas how i can delete the app? thanks

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:22 PM

Did you notice that Weather Bug has an icon in the menu bar?

6 replies

Sep 12, 2019 3:51 AM in response to Ferd II

no that i have it...its not like the app on my phone. I'm not able to delete it form system. When i try, i get a message that it can not be deleted because it's open. Im not able to right click on the icon to delete or move to trash and there is no choice at all to allow you to delete. Its as if the app is built in the hardware and part of the OS. Any suggestions?

Sep 12, 2019 4:14 AM in response to ngd1224

Weatherbug starts up when your Mac starts up, so you would need to quit the app first before you can uninstall it.

Look at the screenshot in the previous post and notice the little gear icon on the top right, click on that and you open Weatherbugs preferences, there you can quit Weatherbug. Now try moving the Weatherbug app in your Applications folder to the Trash, and then emptying it.

weatherbug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.