Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music

why when i download my music I often have t redownload it after because the music just be removed alone

thanks

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 5:47 PM

Hey marc773,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that after downloading songs for offline play, you're seeing some of them removed and have to download them again. I definitely want to make sure you're able to manage, and enjoy your music. I'm happy to help get this sorted for you.

One reason this may happen is if you have Optimize Storage enabled for Music. This is a great setting if you're wanting to save space on your device, as it will automatically remove songs that you haven't listened to recently. To locate this setting and make adjustments please go to Settings > Music > Optimize Storage

You can see more about that here: Add music to iPhone and listen offline

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 5:47 PM in response to marc773

Hey marc773,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that after downloading songs for offline play, you're seeing some of them removed and have to download them again. I definitely want to make sure you're able to manage, and enjoy your music. I'm happy to help get this sorted for you.

One reason this may happen is if you have Optimize Storage enabled for Music. This is a great setting if you're wanting to save space on your device, as it will automatically remove songs that you haven't listened to recently. To locate this setting and make adjustments please go to Settings > Music > Optimize Storage

You can see more about that here: Add music to iPhone and listen offline

Thanks again, and have a great day!

apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.