Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice control is not working

Why is my voice control not working?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 12:37 PM

I haven’t used a headset. I turn it on and give it a command and the message that the necessary files weren’t downloaded then shuts off. What I’ve read about the the voice command is the microphone is suppose to be blue at the top by the time. That’s not my case. I have a iPhone XS Max

4 replies

Sep 13, 2019 7:15 AM in response to Rchrdscarl

Hello Rchrdscarl,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that Voice Control is not working on your iPhone. I would be happy to help provide steps to resolve this issue.

Are you using Voice Control with a headset? If so, check out the information in the following resource:

Turn off Voice Control on your iPhone - Apple Support

"The press and hold setting applies only to the Side or Home button. If you're using a headset, and it unexpectedly activates Siri or Voice Control, make sure that your headset is fully inserted into the device.

If you have a loose or poor headset connection, frayed cables, or moisture on the connector or remote, it might unexpectedly activate Siri or Voice Control. If the issue persists, try using a different headset."

If this scenario doesn't apply, could you tell us more about what's happening when you try to use Voice Control? Does Siri work as expected on your iPhone?

Cheers!

Voice control is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.