Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my son’s passcode to get into the parental controls. How do I reset it?

I was wanting to add come websites to my son’s account but I can’t remember the passcode. Is there a way to reset it?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 7:53 AM

Is it the passcode or the parental code that you forgot? Regardless, the process is pretty much to require you to restore the iPad:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 7:53 AM in response to Tlynner

Is it the passcode or the parental code that you forgot? Regardless, the process is pretty much to require you to restore the iPad:

Sep 13, 2019 9:35 AM in response to Tlynner

Again, if this is the Restrictions/Parental Controls passcode, and you don't know it, this iPad must be restored in order to gain access to it. The restore process does NOT require a passcode. However, it does require that you power-off the iPad, and then, connect it directly to a computer's USB port so that iTunes can access it.

If you are still having to enter a passcode, then there may be something else amiss with the iPad and you should make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

I forgot my son’s passcode to get into the parental controls. How do I reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.