Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Highlights are disappearing

I’ve just bought a new iPad Pro and, as I highlight some parts of a pdf file (in an iCloud folder), it just disappears. Sometimes, it disappears only one part.

I’ve just spent the whole evening studying and highlighting an important text, to find out all my annotations and highlights are simply gone!

That was one of the main things why I bought an iPad - the easy way (it was supposed to be, actually) to make some annotations and highlights in a text...

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 7:41 AM

Hello,

I suggest reaching out to Apple for assistance.

Contact Apple Care

4 replies

Oct 14, 2019 7:43 AM in response to Berganton

I recently acquired a new iPad Air. I was excited to open my first PDF, an article on the nature of reality in Physics and Buddhism. I quickly realized that any previous highlights, underlines, comments disappeared as I annotated along the document. The fix was simple. I installed the newest version of Adobe. I saved the PDF to my Dropbox. Dropbox asked if it was OK for Adobe to access my files. I replied yes. Now I am able to highlight, underline, comment without watching previous annotations disappear. I’m surprised the solution hasn’t already been suggested. I assume but have not verified that the same procedure could be followed whether you use iCloud or Google Docs to save your work.

Highlights are disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.