Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print from iPhone

A blind friend relies greatly on his iPhone (5SE).

Following an update of the software several weeks ago he found that he was NO LONGER ABLE TO PRINT to his WiFi printer (Brother MFC-L2720DW). All laptops on the same WiFi network are able to print.

I've updated his iPhone OS (IOS 12.34.1), updated his printer software, restarted the printer, phone and router. He is still unable to print (e.g. when using 'share' from his email ap and 'selecting printer' no printers appear).

What can I try next?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 3:43 AM

A couple things.

First i’d Get the Brother app for that. It can provide more options when printing.

Second, I’d follow this article

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387

Best of luck

3 replies

Sep 17, 2019 8:25 AM in response to PeterMo

Good evening, I created an account on the community forum in order to tell you how to fix the dreaded "No AirPrint printers found" error. I dont think I should but unfortunately, there is someone in my circle who decided to buy Apple products for his office.

So this is how it goes :

1- Go physically to your printer.

2- Open the menu on your printer and go in the network settings

3- Go into the TCP/IP settings

4- Select IPv6 and enable it. This is disabled by default on most printers.

5- Go into your router using the address 192.168.0.1 or whichever address your router uses to be accessed.

6- The default password for most routers is : password or admin

7- Select Advanced settings

8- Select Network settings or wireless settings depending on the model of router you have

9- Select IPv6.

10- Enable IPv6. (Most routers have IPv6 disabled which might explain why your printer stopped working after buying a new router)

11- Select DHCP server

12- Enable DHCP server(Most routers have this option disabled by default)

13- Save the settings

14- Turn off your router.

15- Turn off your printer

15- Turn on your router

15- Turn on your printer

16- At this point your printer might of forgot the wireless settings so you will need to connect your printer to the wifi again.

17- Go on your apple device and try to print.

At this point, you might be saying: "but dude, I never had to do any of this with my old router". That is because router manufacturers use the most secure settings as default. Not going to lie, I do not suggest following this procedure if you manage a company and sensitive data.

Unable to print from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.