4638 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2010 1:06 AM by Thomas Sjöholm
By jove, you're right. I can't speak for the authenticity of this info, but I found it on another site. It makes sense, so I'll share it here:
The hollow stars represent the rating that you gave the album. There is not an obvious place to change it but the easiest way in itunes8 is:
1) go to the menu bar and click "View">>"As Grid"
2) double click the offending album
3) there should be hollow stars under the image of the album giving its rating
4) click the stars, hold down, and drag the rating to 0 (this won't change the individually rated tracks btw)
5) no more hollow stars will appear in list view
Yes Chris, I've been told that the white stars are an average rating of all songs, if separately rated.
Let's say that you rate first track of the album 1 star, second 3 stars, third 5 stars, fourth track 2 stars etc etc...
iTunes then calculate the average rating of that album and it may result in a three star rating overall. Hence 3 white stars.
But if you rate the whole album 5 stars (every song) then it becomes 5 white stars.