Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send log reports to Apple.

There is quite a bit of odd activity showing in my MacBook Pro’s Apple System Log (ASL) Messages beginning yesterday, 09/12/19, and continuing today whenever I have my computer on (and I assume connected to WiFi).

Upon trying to send the ASL report to Apple, I get the following error message “Your report couldn’t be sent. There was a problem connecting to Apple. Please check your network settings and try again.”

Network settings appear fine, but the same message pops up every time I try to send the report.

So, I looked through the Installer log and found quite a bit of activity starting yesterday as well. Tried to send the Installer log report to Apple and got the same “Your report couldn’t be sent...” message.

Looking through the Installer log, one of the last logged lines reads-

2019-09-13 11:34:17-07 Ch’s-MacBook-Pro installd[650]: postinstall: Domain (.com.apple.helpd) not found.

Also logged several lines above (7 seconds before) the log above, a guest login is recorded:

2019-09-13 11:34:17-07 Ch’s-MacBook-Pro installd[650]: postinstall: su: unknown login: Guest

I’ve been logged in to my laptop the entire time.

Does anyone know what may be going on? Any ideas how I can get the reports sent to Apple?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 3:09 PM

Hello,

Can you please try to send the reports again by starting the computer in safe boot?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot send log reports to Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.