Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the iPhone 7 and car charger will work for the 11 Pro?

I know I will be able to find out on my own when my new 11 Pro shows up, but I was wondering if my 7 chargers and car charger will work for the 11 Pro. I see some stuff online that says yes, but it will charge slower. That would be fine.

I know the new phone will come with a charger. And I am not asking anything about wireless chargers. I like the idea of having a backup charger at work and in my car, and was curious. Anyone know for sure?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 6:55 PM

my wife and I both have the iPhone 11 pro max and I can assure you that they will NOT charge using the car chargers I have (that previously worked for my 7 plus) ad the chargers we use have a 1.5 amp jack as well as a 2.4 amp jack (for iPads) and the phone doesn’t respond at all when plugged in

9 replies

Sep 25, 2019 5:43 PM in response to ScottGWNJ

I see a bunch of people have commented here, so thank you to all.

As a close of the topic, more or less, the iPhone chargers for my 7, including my car charger, all work with my 11 Pro. Verizon Wireless, Apple and my own checking assure me of that. I also did some reading online on this topic. The car charger plugs into my car lighter, so that is what it is. As for the wall chargers, they just work. Apple says they might charge a tad bit slower, but for backups, so what?!

I now have a handful of backup chargers at various locations!

Will the iPhone 7 and car charger will work for the 11 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.