Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Party Keyboard

Just curious if someone else has this issue with their iPad and using a third party keyboard. After I am done with the keyboard, I go to browse on my iPad and notice that the on-screen keyboard will pop up blank.

In order to fix this, I have to go into Settings > Bluetooth > Forgot Keyboard and then pair it again when ready to use.

Not able to use both the on-screen keyboard and 3rd party BT keyboard at the same time either.

I've done most troubleshooting steps that I can think of - resetting All Settings, restoring, trying as new, etc

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue as it is getting pretty annoying.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 9:06 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 14, 2019 4:18 PM in response to brittier8

Many Bluetooth keyboards have a key on the upper row for iOS shortcuts, which have a keyboard icon on it. My Brydge keyboard does and if I want the onscreen keyboard when I'm using my Brydge, all I have to do is tap that key to bring up the onscreen keyboard, then tap it again to go back to my Brydge. Did you check if your Bluetooth keyboard has such a key.

3rd Party Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.