Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag & drop from Photos to desktop

Why can't I drag and drop photos from Photos to desktop anymore? It was never a problem with iPhotos, but it's just not happening now with Photos. I'm on iMac, Mojave 10.14.5

I know it's been an issue for a long time, and for a lot of people. I even found the solution a week or so back, which worked for a while, but now we are back to square one, and I can't find the forum or thread which provided the info. It was a very simple solution that didn't require any downloads or other convoluted means. I think it was possibly to do with preference settings, but I can't remember what.

Anyone?

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 2:56 PM

Are you able top drag to another volume? The Shared folder? If you can then you have permission issues with your home folder.

Follow these instructions in this Apple document to reset the permissions of your home folder: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't drag & drop from Photos to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.