Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not transferring a photo to iCloud

For years, no problems with Photos > iCloud > all Apple devices. Now suddenly I captured a photo from Facebook > Desktop > Photos, something I've done many times. Photo is on Photos on my Mac, but not in iCloud or on my other devices.

So I downloaded the photo from Desktop > iCloud directly. Once again it failed to appear on other devices.

Under Photos preferences, iCloud Photo Library remains "on", but for several days it says "uploading one item". Under System Preferences, iCloud Photos all "on".

Any ideas? Thank you.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 10:38 AM

Have you restarted the computer? Tried logging out of your user account and back in?

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2019 10:38 AM in response to elkriverken

Have you restarted the computer? Tried logging out of your user account and back in?

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 14, 2019 8:41 AM in response to elkriverken

Just to confirm, the photos are in the Photos application?

In the first article, see file types to make sure the format isn't the problem.

Photo Library

Photo Library - Get help with your iCloud 

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Sep 14, 2019 10:27 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes, the photos are in the Photos app.. All are JPEG. I signed out of iCloud, then signed in again. Then to System Preferences > iCloud. Unchecked all three functions regarding Photos. Then restarted all iCloud/Photos options. Nothing changed, the problem remains.

I tried something else. I took a photo on my iPhone. It immediately showed in iCloud. However has not been added to my Photos on Mac, nor Photos on my iPad. My internet and wifi are functioning normally.

Photos not transferring a photo to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.