Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I access my Icloud photos on my IMac?

How do I access my photos stored in iCloud on my IMac?

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 9:52 AM

If your Mac is running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 or later you can turn on iCloud Photos on the Mac and the photos will sync to the Photos app on it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

The other option is to use Safari or other internet browser on your Mac and log into icloud.com and go to the Photos app there.

Note that you can only view photos that were synced to iCloud Photos. If you don't have that option turned on in your iPhone or other iOS device, photos on that device may be included in an iCloud Backup but you cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup; you can only use it to restore or setup an iOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2019 9:52 AM in response to frankfrom freshwater

If your Mac is running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 or later you can turn on iCloud Photos on the Mac and the photos will sync to the Photos app on it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

The other option is to use Safari or other internet browser on your Mac and log into icloud.com and go to the Photos app there.

Note that you can only view photos that were synced to iCloud Photos. If you don't have that option turned on in your iPhone or other iOS device, photos on that device may be included in an iCloud Backup but you cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup; you can only use it to restore or setup an iOS device.

How can I access my Icloud photos on my IMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.